INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future
INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future was the world’s largest public diplomacy outreach initiative that ran between 2010-2014. The unique programme engaged young people in India and Africa through contests, fellowships, collaborative projects, internships, events and cultural exchanges.
The programme was multifaceted, in that though it focused on the youth, it also helped build an ecosystem with multiple stakeholders – institutions, organisations, think-tanks, corporates and governments between India and Africa.
- 11 competitions and 2 Fellowship Programmes for Young Entrepreneurs
- On ground events and campus outreach activities across 21 African Countries and India in partnership with AIESEC
- INDIAFRICA festival in Johannesburg in May 2013. INDIAFRICA Business Venture Competition finals and award functions in Lagos (2012), Johannesburg (2013) and Accra (2014)
- INDIAFRICA@Davos with Business Venture competition winners in January 2013 and 2014
- Direct Communication with Heads of over 500 institutions across Africa and India
- 110 INDIAFRICA Campus Ambassadors across 22 African countries and India
- Over 17,000 registrations from 46 African Countries and India
- Over 10,000 entries from 42 African Countries and India
- Winners of prizes and fellowships from 23 African countries and India
- 305 cash prizes and 32 fellowships worth over INR 2,50,00,000 disbursed
- A vibrant Facebook community of over 237,000 including over 182,000 from African countries